The Solus Project
The Solus Project is an upcoming first-person single-player survival and exploration game being developed by GRIP Games and Teotl Studios. Developed in Unreal Engine 4, it was released on June 7, 2016 on PC and Xbox One.
Story[edit | edit source]
Earth is on the brink of destruction and you are sent to explore a distant planet. After years of space travel you arrive but experience a catastrophic landing.
With your team members dead and your equipment destroyed you have no way of communicating with - or receiving help from an Earth that might no longer exist... you are completely and utterly alone.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Explore - Survive through exploration. Unlock the depths of the uncharted planet, and the secrets buried deep below. Delve into huge cave systems and tombs and uncover over 200 secrets.
- Atmosphere - Atmosphere rich environment that is fully dynamic. A day and night cycle and a dynamic weather system that calculates temperature/humidity/wind. Ocean tides. Plants respond to the climate. Storms form. Earthquakes happen.
- Survive - Survive the extreme climate, tornadoes, storms, meteors, lightning, and not least the dark secrets burried beneath the surface.
- Depth - Plants grow and rot. Ocean tide based on the moon. Your body responds to everything from getting wet to lack of sleep to walking uphill to the humidity. Hundreds of upgrades to be found. Secret areas within secret areas within secret areas.
- Savior - Your death means the end of mankind. Save us and rebuild a communication device to phone home, by scavenging useful items.
- Adventure - Be a pioneer, an archeologist, and an astronaut to explore a mysterious alien planet. The adventure has a beginning and an end, but it is a harsh world. A mistake will cost you your life.
- Length - Many kilometers/miles of alien islands, caves, and tombs.
- The Ball - Spiritual successor to The Ball. Same universe, same backstory, same atmosphere.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Your Time - Scale the game as you wish. Go from a super hardcore experience to a relaxing stroll on an alien planet. In fact you can cheat oldschool console style even. It is your time, your experience.
- Just You - Very little handholding. No obvious enemies. No combat. No characters. It is just you. All alone by yourself.
- Oldschool - Fond memories of games from 10, 20 years ago? So do we. Complex level layouts. Dozens of secret areas. Keys to unlock doors. Underground indoor environments.
- Exploration - There are hundreds and hundreds of things to find hidden away in the world. Secret areas the size of modern "next gen levels". Secrets within secrets. Just how deep does the rabbit hole go?
- Puzzles - Puzzle your way through environmental puzzles left by an alien civilization.